About Events with Silhouettes
Lauren Muney has been a special event professional for over 30 years, as a stage and interactive entertainer and producer across the United States, Canada, and in Asia and Europe. You'll love her vast experience and unique offering of interactive silhouette portraiture at your event. For additional photos, see the Galleries.
Silhouette portraits offer a memorable activity and memento to your guests and staff.
The graceful and grand portraits will make your guests remember the event (and your brand) long after the clock strikes the event's end. Perfect for:
- trade shows (and traffic stoppers in booths)
“We recently engaged Lauren to cut silhouette portraits of our employees and guests at a formal event held at a downtown museum. From the moment the guests saw her at work, she was in high demand. Her artistry was evident in the detail and agility with which she cut each portrait. The guests enjoyed interacting with Lauren while posing for the silhouette and were very pleased to take home a framed memento of a wonderful evening.” ~ Linda Hight, Jenner & Block, Washington DC
Your galas and events deserve an inspiring and classic offering.
Silhouette portraiture fulfill the hunger for humanities, art, and good taste.
Museum Programs and Events
Museum Programs are Lauren's specialty, combining historical interpretation with an interactive encounter for your visitors.
Her specialty is living history: your guests experience history, humanities, and culture. Read more on these Pages:
Fairs, Festivals, and Community Engagement Events
Wherever classic and fun can combine, silhouettes are there. Festivals and fairs can bring stately and rapid portraiture, especially for arts festivals, community festivals, community engagement events, and history fairs.
"I wanted to tell you how tickled I was to have a silhouette done [at the Monumental Celebration in Baltimore, MD]. What a great memento to have for a celebration I shall soon not forget. I sent kudos to the Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts telling them the great selection of 19th Century re-enactors and arts/crafts they had, especially your silhouette artistry."
~ Regards, Matthew Borkovic, event visitor, silhouette recipient
Silhouettes portraits are perfect for weddings, life events, celebrations, and reunions. Your guests are thrilled to sit for, and take home, an elegant portrait memento of their celebration with you.
Allow iconic silhouette portraiture to enliven guests of events during Christmas, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day, even Independence Day celebrations. Your written proposal will help guide you to a grander celebration using silhouettes.
Retail Promotional Events
Silhouette Portraiture are a great promotion or addition to retail situations such as grand openings, special events, or as a visiting artist.
Schools / Educational Programs
Schools and other educational facilities combine two major factors: families and learning. Silhouettes are perfect to fulfill parents' desires for polished portraits of their children --and schools' need for humanities programming. Please inquire for the Silhouettes By Hand school ideas.
Past Events, Clients, Locations, and Programs have included:
- Smithsonian Institution: American Museum of American Art / National Portrait Gallery (Washington, DC)
- The John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (Washington DC)
- United States Council of Mayors national conference
- National Public Radio
- American Alliance of Museums (AAM) national conference
- Young President’s Organization (“YPO”)
- Charles Koch Institute
- Google “City Experts”
- American Folk Art Museum
- Baltimore Museum of Art (MD)
- Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts (MD)
- “Star Spangled Spectacular” (nationally televised event) (Baltimore, MD)
- American Institute of Architects (local chapter)
- The Henry Ford [museum] – Greenfield Village (MI)
- George Washington’s Historic Mount Vernon Estate (VA)
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation: Jamestown Settlement (VA)
- Historic Deerfield (MA)
- New London Historical Society (CT)
- The Walters Art Museum (MD)
- The Fair At New Boston (OH)
- Upper Canada Village (Ont., Canada)
- Historic St. Mary's City (MD)
- Eschwege, Germany
- The Farmer’s Museum / New York State Historical Society (Cooperstown, NY)
- Genesee Valley Country Village and Museum (NY)
- City of Manassas (VA) / Manassas Museum
- Maryland Historical Society
- Brightest Young Things (DC)
- Boordy Winery (MD)
- Darnall’s Chance Museum (MD)
- Chestertown Tea Party Festival (MD)
- Old State House Museum (AR)
- Historic Arkansas Museum (AR)
- Fort Frederick State Park 18th Century Market Fair (MD)
- Claude Moore Colonial Farm (VA)
- Dover Days Festival (DE)
- Jerusalem Mill Museum (MD)
- Charles Carroll House Museum (MD)
- Old Bedford Village (PA)
- Penns Colony Festival (PA)
- Montpelier Museum Tea and Herb Festival (MD)
- Maryland Irish Festival
- Baltimore Privateer Festival
- Blackbeard Pirate Festival (Hampton, VA)
- Historic London Town (MD)
- City of Havre De Grace (MD)
- Riversdale Mansion (MD)
- Mythic Faire
- Mount Clare Museum (MD)
- Johns Hopkins University Homewood Museum (MD)
- Hampton Mansion NHS, (National Park Service)
- Skaneateles Dickens Festival(NY)
- Maryland Renaissance Festival
- Association for Living History, Farm, and Agricultural Museums (“ALHFAM”)
- Countless private weddings, parties, conference dinners, and other social and corporate events