Events with Silhouettes
Lauren Muney has been a special event professional for over 30 years, as a stage and interactive entertainer and producer across the United States, Canada, and in Asia and Europe. You'll love her vast experience and unique offering of interactive silhouette portraiture at your event. For additional photos and video, see the Examples Page.
How To Book Silhouettes at your Event
Silhouette portraiture is a delightful main feature or hospitable interactive guest participation.
This rare participatory trade seamlessly connects with with family-friendly events, as well as grownup events. There is no limit to what interesting themes and event possibilities can be created. Lauren has worked over 3 decades in corporate events, city-wide events, museum events, and international events. She can help you reach your goals.
Request your proposal:
Send an email to Silhouettes By Hand with your event details, or use the Contact form to request a proposal. Lauren will develop a custom proposal especially for your needs, even make suggestions for using this stunning activity.
Event Types (scroll down):
Corporate Events, Trade Shows, Conferences Dinners, Parties
Silhouette portraits offer a memorable activity and memento to your guests and staff. Also see the Artisanal Selfie page.
The graceful and grand portraits will make your guests remember the event (and your brand) long after the clock strikes the event's end. Perfect for:
- trade shows (and traffic stoppers in booths)
- launch parties and events
- retreat events
- VIP festivities
“We recently engaged Lauren to cut silhouette portraits of our employees and guests at a formal event held at a downtown museum. From the moment the guests saw her at work, she was in high demand. Her artistry was evident in the detail and agility with which she cut each portrait. The guests enjoyed interacting with Lauren while posing for the silhouette and were very pleased to take home a framed memento of a wonderful evening.” ~ Linda Hight, Jenner & Block, Washington DC
Non-Profit Events, Galas, and Festivities
Your galas and events deserve an inspiring and classic offering.
Silhouette portraiture fulfill the hunger for humanities, art, and good taste. In just moments, a guest sits for a remarkable portrait experience culminating in a delightful, elegant likeness.
Imagine your guests can mix, mingle, chat, as well as become a work of art. Other guests can watch a silhouette being cut as well, thus bringing silhouettes to be a 'performance art' as well as a memory to take home.
Museum Programs are Lauren's specialty, combining historical interpretation with an interactive encounter for your visitors.
Her specialty is living history: your guests experience history, humanities, and culture.
Read more on these Pages:
Fairs, Festivals, and Community-wide Events
Wherever classic and fun can combine, silhouettes are there. Festivals and fairs can bring stately and rapid portraiture, especially for arts festivals, community festivals, community engagement events, and history fairs.
"I wanted to tell you how tickled I was to have a silhouette done [at the Monumental Celebration in Baltimore, MD]. What a great memento to have for a celebration I shall soon not forget. I sent kudos to the Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts telling them the great selection of 19th Century re-enactors and arts/crafts they had, especially your silhouette artistry."
~ Regards, Matthew Borkovic, event visitor, silhouette recipient
Wedding Silhouettes / Social Events
Silhouettes portraits are perfect for weddings, life events, celebrations, and reunions. Your guests are thrilled to sit for, and take home, an elegant portrait memento of their celebration with you.
For wedding silhouettes, your contact will Lauren will start with your sending all information about the happy event: location, time, any theme you have, your dream for how to use silhouettes in your happy day.
Lauren will reply with your custom written proposal, which includes minimum time and options - and may include travel costs, depending on your location.
Thinking out of the Box about Weddings
There are special options that can be accommodated especially for wedding events. Please ask about wedding options if you would like to think out of the box - but still want silhouettes.
There are some times when you would like all guests to have silhouettes but time cannot accommodate this... or times when you want silhouettes but the travel fees hamper your dreams.
Silhouettes By Hand has devised creative solutions. Please inquire if you are curious!
Holiday Events and Celebrations
Allow iconic silhouette portraiture to enliven guests of events during Christmas, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day, even Independence Day celebrations.
Your proposal will help guide you to a grander celebration using silhouettes. Contact Silhouettes By Hand to submit your event details to receive your custom written proposal.
Retail Promotional Events
Silhouette Portraiture are a great promotion or addition to retail situations such as grand openings, special events, or as a visiting artist.
Schools / Educational Programs
Schools and other educational facilities combine two major factors: families and learning. Silhouettes are perfect to fulfill parents' desires for polished portraits of their children --and schools' need for humanities programming. Please inquire for the Silhouettes By Hand school ideas.
Past Events, Clients, Locations, and Programs have included:
- Smithsonian Institution: American Museum of American Art / National Portrait Gallery (Washington, DC)
- Smithsonian Institution: Renwick Gallery (Washington, DC)
- The John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (Washington DC)
- Lost Trades Fair (Australia)
- United States Council of Mayors national conference
- National Public Radio
- American Alliance of Museums (AAM) national conference
- Young President’s Organization (“YPO”)
- American Philosophical Society Museum (PA)
- Charles Koch Institute
- Google “City Experts”
- American Folk Art Museum (NYC)
- Baltimore Museum of Art (MD)
- Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts (MD)
- “Star Spangled Spectacular” (nationally televised event) (MD)
- American Institute of Architects (local chapter)
- The Henry Ford [museum] – Greenfield Village (MI)
- George Washington’s Historic Mount Vernon Estate (VA)
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation: Jamestown Settlement (VA)
- Historic Deerfield (MA)
- Historic Blenheim / City of Fairfax, VA
- New London Historical Society (CT)
- The Walters Art Museum (MD)
- The Fair At New Boston (OH)
- Upper Canada Village (Ont., Canada)
- Fort Nisqually Living History Museum (WA)
- Historic St. Mary's City (MD)
- Eschwege, Germany
- City of Fairfax (VA)
- County of Fairfax (VA)
- The Farmer’s Museum / New York State Historical Society (NY)
- Genesee Valley Country Village and Museum (NY)
- City of Manassas (VA) / Manassas Museum
- Maryland Historical Society
- Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- Brightest Young Things (DC)
- Boordy Winery (MD)
- Darnall’s Chance Museum (MD)
- Chestertown Tea Party Festival (MD)
- Old State House Museum (AR)
- Historic Arkansas Museum (AR)
- Fort Frederick State Park 18th Century Market Fair (MD)
- Claude Moore Colonial Farm (VA)
- Dover Days Festival (DE)
- Jerusalem Mill Museum (MD)
- Charles Carroll House Museum (MD)
- Old Bedford Village (PA)
- Penns Colony Festival (PA)
- Montpelier Museum Tea and Herb Festival (MD)
- Maryland Irish Festival
- Baltimore Privateer Festival (MD)
- Blackbeard Pirate Festival (VA)
- Historic London Town (MD)
- City of Havre De Grace (MD)
- Riversdale Mansion (MD)
- Mythic Faire
- Mount Clare Museum (MD)
- Johns Hopkins University Homewood Museum (MD)
- Hampton Mansion NHS, (National Park Service)
- Skaneateles Dickens Festival (NY)
- Maryland Renaissance Festival
- Association for Living History, Farm, and Agricultural Museums (“ALHFAM”)
- Preschool For the Arts (MD)
- Countless private weddings, parties, conference dinners, and other social and corporate events